Enjoy our buzzing event village in 2021!
The Skyline Scotland® Event Village is located right next to the Ice Factor in the centre of Kinlochleven. Here you will find food and drink options, exhibiting outdoor brands like Salomon and La Sportiva, free talks in the form of the Skyline Sessions, live music and prize ceremonies, and the chance to spectate by the start / finish line of all the Skyline Scotland® races with live commentary and race updates via the big screen TV.
2021 Event Village map - tap to enlarge
Chilling out and enjoying the sun in our Event Village ©No Limits Photography
Food & drink
Coffee Rescue Scotland: Joining us for a third year running, look out for their converted Land Rover serving premium barista coffee, luxury hot chocolate and tea along with homemade granola bars and tiffin.
Turnip the Beet: Joining us for the first time in 2021 - Find out more about them here.
Ice Factor: Food and drinks will also be available in Ice Factor's café and bar.
Top Out Brewery: Will be giving out samples of beer! Purchase a special Skyline Scotland® can inside the Ice Factor. Find out more about them here.
Coffee Rescue Scotland providing tasty drinks and treats at the 2019 event ©No Limits Photography
Connect with some top outdoor brands in the Event Village such as Salomon, Petzl and La Sportiva.
Scottish Orienteering will also be in attendance, offering on-site advice and tuition from British Champion and GB Team member Chris Smithard, and the chance to compete in the Scottish Urban Orienteering League on the Saturday. After the race, and all-day Sunday, everyone is welcome to come and have a go for free - why not come and try orienteering! More details on timings here
The Skyline Scotland® Event Village ©No Limits Photography
Join us for these free to attend Q&A sessions in the Skyline Sessions tent, just outside the entrance to the Ice Factor in the centre of Kinlochleven. Meet some of your favourite athletes as well as some local adventure heroes.
Our 2021 programme includes the following:
Saturday 18th September
- 11am - Sarah Dunn from Scottish Orienteering, talking about the opportunities orienteering offers
- 12noon - Ian Stewart from Trail Running Scotland, talking about linking up the 58 Munros in the Cairngorms national park
- 1pm - Keri Wallace, Co-Director of Girls on Hills, talking about her role in the Black Trail Runners’ Ramsay Round Challenge
- 2pm - Anna Paxton, Co-director at Sheffield Adventure Film Festival and producer at Salt Street Productions
- 3pm - Donnie Campbell, talking about his continuous self-propelled Munro Round in just 31 days, 23 hours and 2 minutes
- 4pm - Georgia Tindley, talking about her experiences as a GB mountain, trail and sky runner
- 5pm - Alasdair Meldrum, talking about his recent participation in the Cape Wrath Ultra
Sunday 19th September
- 12noon - Chris Smithard, talking about his experiences as a GB orienteer and mountain runner
- 1pm - Finlay Wild, local record breaking fell runner, talking about his recent fast Bob Graham Round and Ramsay Round record!
- 2pm - Ross Brannigan, talking about his work with the John Muir Trust
The 2019 Skyline Sessions in the Event Village ©No Limits Photography
The start / finish line
Enjoy the amazing atmosphere and buzz of a big international event by watching the exciting moments from the start / finish line. There will be live race commentary and live race updates from around the courses via the big screen TV.
This is the best place to cheer in friends or family as they finish racing and receive a finishers medal.
The buzz at the Ring of Steall start line ©No Limits Photography
Live music & prize-giving
Enjoy live music from a local ceilidh band and all the Skyline Scotland® prize ceremonies from the stage in the Event Village.
Enjoy some live music from a local ceilidh band on the stage in the Event Village ©No Limits Photography
2021 Event Village map - tap to enlarge
Event car parking will be £3 per car, per visit - payable by card on arrival (see map above for more details).
*sorry, our arrangement with the landowner does not entitle us to permit overnight stays in this car park, so camper vans cannot be parked overnight. Please take a look at our location overview page for some campsite suggestions.