WHO WE ARE
Skyline Trail Races limited. (together with affiliates, agents, representatives, consultants, employees, officers, and directors collectively referred to as “Skyline Trail Races,” “we,” or “us”) is a private company limited by guarantee, incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 14198247. Skyline Trail Races limited is the joint data controller with Ourea Events under data protection legislation.
OUR WEBSITES AND EVENTS
ABOUT THIS POLICY
WHAT DATA WE WILL COLLECT
In order to register for one of our events and/or by registering for marketing communications Skyline Trail Races limited will collect certain information about you which may include:
- Information Required for an Event Entry: may include any combination of the following: name, date of birth, gender, email address, postal address, telephone number, country of residence, nationality, emergency contact information (the name, phone and nature of relationship with an emergency contact), biometric information (such as your clothing size), relevant medical information, food allergies and information relating to your experience.
- Information Required for Event Team: people joining the Event Team are likely to be required to provide the same information as an event entrant and also additional proof of relevant professional qualifications.
- Information Required for Identity Verification: we do not collect, and store identify verification information but at some events you may be asked to prove your identity to register.
- Information Relating to Financial Transactions: Payments for events are completed via SIEntries, and the payment information you submit is collected and used by them in accordance with their privacy policies (for SIEntries, click here). Adhoc sales for equipment and sundries relating to events are completed also via Paypal, Squarespace, Stripe, and SumUp, and the payment information you submit is collected and used by them in accordance with their privacy policies (for PayPal, click here). Skyline Trail Races limited does not collect or store any information relating to your credit or debit cards. Rarely, we may require your banking information (sort code and account number) to process a refund or other payment to you directly. Event Team members are paid their expenses via online banking and therefore we require their sort code and account number and this information is stored securely on our online banking platform.
- Information about your Web Browsing Habits: Skyline Trail Races limited will collect information about your activity on and interaction with our websites (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use). This includes information about the way you visit and interact with our website, in the form of traffic analytics. You can opt out of being included in Google Analytics here.
- Information relating to Newsletter Subscriptions: Skyline Trail Races limited will store information you send to us (such as your name and email address) when you subscribe to our email newsletter until such time that you unsubscribe.
- Information relating to Communications: Skyline Trail Races limited will store information you send to us (for example, when you ask a question) via email or a website contact form.
- Information relating to Social Media: Skyline Trail Races limited may store information you publish in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users via social media that directly relate to events that we organise.
- Information gathered from Surveys: We use third-party survey providers (such as Survey Monkey and Microsoft Forms) to carry out surveys and gather event related information. You will need to specifically consent to take part in a survey and we will clearly tell you what data we are collecting and why. We do not link other information about your browsing history with the survey data.
- Cookies: Our website uses Google Analytics cookies (third party cookie) to record the time/date of your visit, the duration of your visit, your location, when you visited and how you located our website. Cookies enable a faster and better user experience when visiting our websites. Cookies do not allow us access to any additional information on your computer. The Cookies we use do not track your internet usage after leaving our website and we do not store your personal information. You can opt out of allowing Cookies in your browser settings if you prefer.
- GPS Tracking Data: At some events we also collect GPS Tracking data that relates to your precise location, which is time and date stamped through the entire event. This information is shared publicly and in realtime.
WHAT INFORMATION WE PUBLISH
In order that Skyline Trail Races limited may organise an event it is necessary to publish results and reports relating to that event. This information is published on the event websites and third-party platforms. You may be personally identifiable from these results and reports that are often widely seen though a variety of medias including printed magazines, television and social media.
- Publication of results: Participation in an event will cause the creation of a result. Results are published publicly and may include information such as a disqualification, retirement, or penalties awarded against you. Results are a historical record of your participation in an event and are contextual to the other participants and therefore it is not possible to remove someone from the results on the basis that they do not want this information shared publicly. If you do not want to be in the results, do not enter the event.
- Publication of GPS Tracking Data: Participation in an event may cause the creation of a precise GPS log of your location and movements throughout the event. The GPS data is published publicly and may include information such as a disqualification, retirement, or penalties awarded against you. GPS data is a historical record of your participation in an event and is contextual to the other participants and therefore it is not possible to remove someone from the GPS data on the basis that they do not want this information shared publicly. If you do not want to feature in the GPS record of the event, do not enter the event.
- Media Reporting: Participation in an event is likely to cause you to be written about, photographed or filmed in event related media. If you do not want to be specifically featured in event related media, please indicate this to Skyline Trail Races limited before the event. It is not possible to prevent participants featuring in ambient media coverage of the event. If you do not want to risk being seen in ambient media coverage of the event, do not enter the event.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
The information that we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- To allow us to provide our services such as entries into events and adhoc retailing
- To track and analyse your use of our services so that we can improve the performance of our websites and provide users with the best experience possible.
LAWFUL BASIS OF INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
European law relating to Data Protection requires that we have a lawful basis for collecting and using personal information about Europeans. Our lawful basis is:
- Consent: When you have given Skyline Trail Races limited clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose, such as signing up for an email newsletter.
- Contract: When you purchase a service from Skyline Trail Races limited (such as enter an event or purchasing a product) we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to record and deliver that service.
- Legitimate interests: We use your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that would be reasonably expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights. Legitimate interest is a technical term in data protection law which essentially means we have a good and fair reason to use your data and we do so in ways which dose not hurt your interests and rights. For example, you are a long-standing customer who we will continue to send marketing communication to, subject to your right to unsubscribe at any time. Legitimate interest use of your data also includes analysis of how you interact with our website, so we can understand better what elements of the design are working well and which are not working so well. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users.
- Legal Obligation: Skyline Trail Races limited may be required to share your personal information with law enforcement agencies or the police. In this instance, we will ask the organisation to demonstrate that the data is essential for the prevention or detection of crime, or that Skyline Trail Races limited is legally obliged to disclose it.
SHARING YOUR DATA
We may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect our Services (like when we partner with payment processors, or race timing specialists). When we share data with third-party services that support our event delivery we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorised, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do.
Essential third-party data managers that we appoint regularly as data processors as part of administering your involvement in an event include organisations such as Open Tracking (responsible for race timing and GPS Tracking).
Additionally, we may share limited personal information about you, such as your name, result, gender, nationality and experience (as you submitted on an event entry form) with professional members of the press reporting on the event.
We may also share your personal information with sports governing bodies (such as the International Skyrunning Federation and their appointed representatives), ITRA, and organisations involved with Doping Control (such as UK Anti-Doping and World Anti-Doping Agency).
We will not transfer your data to any other third parties, except in accordance with our Business Transfer clause, without obtaining your consent and, where possible, will anonymise your data before sharing.
We will retain personal information about you for such time as you remain a regular customer, as necessary to provide you with the essential event related services, and/or until you chose to opt out of our marketing communications, which you can do at any time. Furthermore, Skyline Trail Races limited will also retain and use personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect our legal rights.
We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymised or pseudonymized information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our website, improve our services or comply with legal obligations.
Any data that we collect from you will be deleted in accordance with timescales set out below:
|Data Collected||Removal / Deletion|
|Required for Email Marketing Communications||You can unsubscribe at any time. Automatic deletion after 3 bounce backs|
|Required for an Event Entry||Personal Information relating specially to the event: Five years after the Event
History of involvement: Indefinitely
|Required for Event Team||Personal Information relating specially to the event: Five years after the Event
History of involvement: Indefinitely
|Relating to Financial Transactions||Personal Information relating each transaction: Seven years after the Event
History of transaction: Indefinitely
|Information about your Web Browsing Habits||Anonymised data kept indefinitely|
|Information relating to Communications:||Deleted after Ten years|
|Information gathered from Surveys:||Anonymised data kept indefinitely|
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation means that you have certain rights, these rights include the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal information, except where an exception or exemption applies. Your rights are summarised below:
- Access: to ask for a copy of the information which comprises of your personal data.
- Object: to object to the processing of your personal data if it will likely cause or is causing damage or distress.
- Prevent: to prevent the processing of your personal data for direct marketing.
- Object: to object to any automated decisions taken that use your personal data.
- Removal: in certain circumstances, to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed.
- Compensation: to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation.
We take security seriously, and the security of your personal data is important to us. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, but we do follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and maintain, including using Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt information as it travels over the internet. We have a data breach protocol in the event of a personal data compromise.
People under 18 are generally not permitted to enter our events unless under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian who must complete their entry form. Rarely U18s are allowed to enter specific events when they show exceptional levels of experience. We do not routinely collect any data relating to U18’s except when they are entering an event accompanied by their parent or guardian, or their parent or guardian has given express consent for them to participate.
Ourea does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 14 and children under 14 are not permitted to register for an event even with the consent of a parent or guardian. U18s are not allowed to join the event team.
If you believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that a child under age 14 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we’ll delete it.
Subject Access Requests: You have the right to ask to see what personal information we hold about you. If you would like to make a Subject Access Request, please contact Skyline Trail Races limited’s Data Protection Officer. You will also need to provide details about the course or location of the information you are requesting, and two forms of identification.
If you have any concerns or complaints about how Skyline Trail Races limited collects and/or processes your personal data, you should contact our Data Protection Officer in the first instance. If you are dissatisfied with how your concern/complaint is dealt with by us, you have the right to report your concern/complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office
CONTACTING OUR DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
To contact our Data Protection Officer, please email info [at] skylinescotland.com, or alternatively you can contact us in writing at:
Data Protection Officer
Skyline Trail Races and Ourea Events
Bleaze Farm Units
DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITY
Subject to applicable law, if you are a citizen or resident of the European Economic Area, you also have the right to (i) object to Skyline Trail Races limited’s use of your personal information and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or the United Kingdom Information Commissioner’s Office, which is Skyline Trail Races limited’s supervisory authority in the European Union.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
If after reading these terms you have any queries, please contact us on:
- Email: via our contact form (we try our best to respond to emails within 2 working days); or
- Telephone: +44 1539 760173 (the office is usually open Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm). We may record calls for quality and training purposes.
Last updated 1st February 2023.