Skyline Scotland Returns September 2019
The next edition of the well-established festival of mountain running will take place on 20th-22nd September 2019.
3... 2... 1... GO! The start line of the Salomon Ring of Steall Skyrace ©No Limits Photography
Four skyrunning races over three days.
Skyline Scotland 2019 competitors can look forward to racing on the same world-class courses as those used for the Skyrunning World Championships and Skyrunner® World Series editions in previous years. In 2019, the Salomon Ring of Steall Skyrace™ will once again feature as the final race of the Golden Trail Series
- Friday 20.09.2019 - Salomon Mamores VK™ & Salomon Ben Nevis Ultra™
- Saturday 21.09.2019 - Salomon Ring of Steall Skyrace™
- Sunday 22.09.2019 - Salomon Glen Coe Skyline®
How do I get a 2019 entry?
From past experience, we are adjusting the timescale for opening entries for the 2019 races:
- Tuesday 15th January - Salomon Glen Coe Skyline® entries open
- Tuesday 22nd January - Salomon Glen Coe Skyline® entries close for vetting
- Friday 1st February - Salomon Glen Coe Skyline® ballot drawn (if necessary) and invites sent out to successful candidates
- Tuesday 5th February - All other races open; Salomon Mamores VK™, Salomon Ben Nevis Ultra™, and Salomon Ring of Steall Skyrace™
Want a reminder for when entries open?
Organisers expect getting a place on the start line for the 2019 races to be even more contested than ever after the media impact of the World Championships in 2018 and praise from high-profile athletes such as the following:
“I love to do races like this. Scotland’s terrain is world-class and offers a unique place for mountain running.
“It’s technical, the track is beautiful, which is what I love when I’m racing.”
- Spain’s Kilian Jornet
Kilian Jornet receives congratulations from the president of the ISF, Marino Giacometti ©No Limits Photography
“I love Scotland and I am so happy to be here racing in the mountains. I will return again and again, for sure.”
- Norway’s Stian Angermund-Vik
“This year I am so happy to be back and to have won. Racing in the Scottish mountains is so much fun. It’s technical, muddy and the views are amazing.”
- USA’s Hillary Gerardi
Hillary Gerardi rediscovered her love for skyrunning in Scotland in 2018 ©No Limits Photography