Guided Walks for Spectators
What? Get up and close to the runners on high-level areas of the race routes.
When? Friday 14th, Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th
How much? £25 per person
We are offering subsidised guided walks for just £25 per person. There are three guided walks available from professionally qualified Mountain Leaders. These guided walks are specifically designed for the friends and family of the competitors who would like to get out in the high Scottish mountains, but would prefer to do so as part of a group.
Bring a cowbell to cheer on the runners! ©iancorless.com
For details on all our guided walks please come prepared for any weather, and a day of mountain walking. This means you will need the following essentials:
- A packed lunch and plenty of snacks
- Water bottle (and perhaps a thermos flask if it is cold)
- Waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers
- Warm mid-layer AND a spare warm jacket (it quickly gets cold when you stop to spectate)
- Suitable footwear such as walking boots
- Hat and gloves
* Our Ben Nevis Summit (Salomon Ben Nevis Ultra) walk is likely to finish as darkness falls, so a headtorch is essential.
We would also recommend taking a smart phone (perhaps with a powerbank back-up) so that you can follow the GPS tracking live for the races. We will also provide each person with a race map. Our Mountain Leaders will carry emergency equipment for the group such as a first aid kit and group shelter.
Please note, when you meet your Mountain Leader, there will always be group discussion and decision about the itinerary based on the weather and groups’ ability. It is possible that the group will decide on a different plan. If transport is required, the group will need to organise this with their personal vehicles.