2017 Salomon Glen Coe Skyline Entries Confirmed
2016 Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™ Winners and Skyrunner® World Champions: Jonathan Albon and Jasmin Paris.
Who will be holding the trophy in 2017?
© Ian Corless
As in previous years, gaining an entry to the Salomon Glen Coe Skyline has proven to be difficult.
For the 2017 race, we received 364 applications, and after vetting we have accepted 247 runners, and therefore 117 applications have been rejected. This means we have turned down 32% of the applications, which is almost identical to statistics from 2015 and 2016.
The entry limit for the Salmon Glen Coe Skyline is 300 and therefore it is unnecessary to hold a ballot, and we will be offering everyone who has successfully passed vetting an entry by email.
The International Skyrunning Federation (ISF) has requested approximately 50 elite entry slots, which brings us close to our start line limit of 300 participants. Although the elite runners from the ISF do not yet appear on the entry list, they are included in our calculation for the total number of entries. For the record, even the Skyrunning elite runners are subject to the same vetting procedure.
Our title sponsor Salomon is also planning to send a strong team from their elite International Trail Running Team.
All in all, it looks like the 2017 Salomon Glen Coe Skyline will be significantly more competitive than the 2016 edition with a stacked field of top class runners… Bear in mind that the 2016 race was considered by many to be the most competitive mountain race held in the UK for a generation; it is certain that the 2017 race will elevate the competiveness to a whole new level.
If your application has been successful you will have received an email from SI Entries inviting you to pay and confirm your place. This invitation must be accepted within 7 days or it will be passed to someone on the waiting list.
Typically, there are two reasons why an application has been declined:
- Insufficient information submitted
- The information submitted fell below our entry criteria
- Enter the Salomon Ring of Steall Skyrace™ (this will be possible by completing a new entry into that race – i.e. no ‘transfers’ from the Salomon Glen Coe Skyline pre-selection list). Friendly warning – this race is first come first served and is nearly full – we cannot guarantee you a place on it.
- Appeal – Throughout the vetting process we have encountered several frustrating ‘haven’t provided enough detail’ applications. We simply can’t offer an invite where we’re second-guessing or inferring information based on a weak application. If, on reflection, you think you should have had an entry, please review your application and get in touch by sending us ONE e-mail by the end of Friday 24th February. We will reply ONCE. (Due to the high volume of entries, we cannot offer individual feedback or get into one-to-one e-mail conversations). If you’re successful, we will add you to the waiting list for an entry.
- Give it a miss in 2017, and spend the year getting more hands-on-rock experience!