Aspirant competitors must provide thorough details of a combination of both mountain running AND scrambling / rock climbing experience:
- The mountain running experience must be from within the last 5 years, and include details of a mountain run or mountain race of similar severity to the Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™. Aspirant competitors must provide specific examples of named and dated races, and/or mountain running experience.
- Scrambling and/or rock climbing experience must include specific examples of named and graded scrambling and/or rock climbing routes and the nature in which these were undertaken (solo/lead/second etc.)
It is important to note that just because an aspirant competitor has been offered a place at the Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™, this is no guarantee of their ability to complete the event. Further details on the entry process and competitor vetting is HERE.
2017 entries closed on 31st January. Vetted ballot will be revealed 13th February.
The entry fee of £100 - only becomes payable if the aspirant competitor's vetted ballot application is successful. It must then be paid within 7 days of receiving the invitation to enter. Failure to pay the entry fee will mean that the place is forfeited and offered to another successful ballotee.
To clarify the entry system for the Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™; entries will open at 10:00 GMT Monday 9th January, and will remain open until midnight Tuesday 31st January 2017. Potential competitors can enter at time during this period. Once the entries close, the applications will be carefully vetted, and added to a ballot if vetting is passed. The ballot will be announced Monday 13th February 2017.
Potential competitors whose applications did not pass the vetting process will also be informed (privately – by email) beginning Monday 13th February 2017.
It will be very important for potential competitors to complete the application form thoroughly when applying for an entry, as there will be no second chances to add information or clarify experience, once the entries close. We anticipate the same limited number of 300 entries for this race.
The entry fee includes:
- Participation in the Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™, part of the Skyrunner® World Series
- Eligibility for the Skyrunner® World Series Prize Fund
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd trophies for open men and women
- Finisher's medal presented to all competitors completing the race
- A well planned and professionally organised race by Ourea Events
- A fully waymarked and signed race route
- SPORTident digital race timing for course split times and official results
- Live GPS tracking of competitors
- Accurate and waterproof pre-marked race map
- Emergency medical cover during the race
- Mountain safety team cover during the race
- Marshalling support and high-level manned checkpoints during the race
- One low-level feed station with food and drink available to both competitors & supporters
- Race commentary at Kinlochleven Event Centre (supporters welcome)
- Live results and tracking feed at Kinlochleven Event Centre and midway support point (supporters welcome)
- Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™ competitor's t-shirt and car sticker
- Free car parking at Kinlochleven for competitors and supporters
- Finisher's meal at the Kinlochleven Event Centre
- Entrance to prize ceremony
- … and after party at Kinlochleven Event Centre