Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™ 2016 Entries
Entries to the Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™ are vetted. This means that aspirant competitors must complete an online application form. Once received, the aspirant competitor's experience will be vetted and a decision to offer an entry or not will be made within 48 hours on a first come, first served basis, until the race is full.
Sold out - waiting list full
Update 06/2016: The Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™ reached capacity quickly soon after entries opened in February and thereafter continued to accept entries onto a pre-selection list (i.e. waiting/reserve list) system. No payment was required at this stage. If you are currently on the pre-selection list and we become able to offer a place we will send you an email inviting you to enter. However, at this stage there is a very slim chance that you will receive an invite and we would therefore encourage you to consider entering the Ring of Steall Skyrace™ this year*.
*If you receive an invite to the Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™ after entering the Ring of Steall Skyrace™, please get in touch to organise a transfer of your place - refunds are not available.
Aspirant competitors must provide details of a combination of both mountain running AND scrambling / rock climbing experience:
- The mountain running experience must be from within the last 5 years, and include details of a mountain run or mountain race of similar severity to the Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™. Aspirant competitors must provide specific examples of named and dated races, and/or mountain running experience.
- Scrambling and/or rock climbing experience must include specific examples of named and graded scrambling and/or rock climbing routes.
It is important to note that just because a competitor has been offered a place at the Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™ that this is no guarantee of their ability to complete the event. Further details on the entry process and competitor vetting is HERE.
The entry fee is £80 and only becomes payable if the aspirant competitor's application is successful. It must then be paid within 7 days of competitors’ receiving their invitation to enter. Failure to pay the entry fee will mean that the competitor’s place is forfeited and offered to the next person on the waiting list.
The entry fee includes:
- Participation in the Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™: The final 'Extreme' category race in the 2016 Skyrunner® World Series
- €5,000 2016 Skyrunner® World Series and £500 2016 UK Skyrunner® prize funds
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd trophies for open men and women in the 2016 Skyrunner® World Series
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd trophies for open men and women in the 2016 UK Skyrunner®
- Finisher's medal presented to all competitors completing the race
- A well planned and professionally organised race by Ourea Events
- A fully waymarked and signed race route
- SPORTident digital timing for course split times and official results
- Open Tracking's live GPS tracking of competitors
- Accurate and waterproof pre-marked race map
- Emergency medical cover during the race
- Mountain safety team cover during the race
- Marshalling support and high-level manned checkpoints during the race
- One low-level feed station with food and drink available to both competitors & supporters
- Race commentary at Kinlochleven Event Centre (supporters welcome)
- Live results and tracking feed at Kinlochleven Event Centre and midway support point (supporters welcome)
- Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™ competitor's t-shirt and car sticker
- Free car parking at Kinlochleven for competitors and supporters
- Finisher's meal at the Kinlochleven Event Centre
- Entrance to 2016 Skyrunner® World Series - Extreme category - prize ceremony
- Entrance to 2016 UK Skyrunner® Series prize ceremony
- … and after party at Kinlochleven Event Centre