Aspirant competitors must provide thorough details of a combination of both 1) scrambling/rock climbing experience AND 2) mountain running experience:
- Scrambling and/or rock climbing experience must include specific examples of named and graded scrambling and/or rock climbing routes and the nature in which these were undertaken (solo/lead/second etc.).
- The mountain running experience must be from within the last 3 years, and include details of a mountain run or mountain race of similar severity to the Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™. Aspirant competitors must provide specific examples of named and dated races, and/or mountain running experience.
This is crucial. There will be no benefit of doubt: We will not reply to you to ask for further details if you haven't been clear and thorough with your experience - you will simply not get a place. Please take your time - this race is not first-come, first-served.
It is important to note that just because an aspirant competitor has been offered a place at the Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™, this is no guarantee of their ability to complete the event. Further details on the entry process and competitor vetting is HERE.
Please ensure you are familiar with the Terms & Conditions of entry.
The entry fee - only becomes payable if the aspirant competitor's vetted ballot application is successful. It must then be paid within 7 days of receiving the invitation to enter. Failure to pay the entry fee will mean that the place is forfeited and offered to another successful ballotee.
To clarify the entry system for the Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™; entries will open at 12:00 GMT on Tuesday 9th January 2018, and will remain open until midnight Tuesday 23rd January 2018. Potential competitors can enter at any time during this period.
Once the entries close, the applications will be carefully vetted, and added to a ballot if vetting is passed. The ballot will be announced Tuesday 13th February 2018.
Potential competitors whose applications did not pass the vetting process will also be informed (privately – by email) beginning Tuesday 13th February 2018.
It will be very important for potential competitors to complete the application form thoroughly when applying for an entry, as there will be no second chances to add information or clarify experience, once the entries close. We anticipate to strictly limit the number of entries to 300 for this race.
The £99 entry fee includes:
- Participation in the Salomon Glen Coe Skyline™ - an official 2018 Migu Run Skyrunner® World Series race
- Exclusive Skyline Scotland™ branded competitor's Salomon Agile Tee worth £30 (an example of the non-branded 2017 garment - men's / women's)
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd trophies for open men and women
- Live GPS tracking of your progress around the course
- Finisher's medal presented to all competitors completing the race (within the course closure time)
- A well planned and professionally organised race by Ourea Events
- A fully waymarked and signed race route
- SPORTident digital race timing for course split times by age category and official results
- Accurate and waterproof pre-marked race map
- Emergency medical cover during the race
- Mountain safety team cover during the race
- Marshalling support and high-level manned checkpoints during the race
- A well stocked feed station on the course
- Race commentary at Kinlochleven Event Centre (supporters welcome)
- Live results and tracking feed at Kinlochleven Event Centre (supporters welcome)
- Eligibility for the Migu Run Skyrunner® World Series Prize Fund
- Finisher's meal at The Ice Factor (Event Centre)
- Skyline Scotland™ car sticker
- Entrance to prize ceremony
- … and after party at The Ice Factor (Event Centre)