Entries to the Salomon Ben Nevis Ultra™ are NOT vetted. They are sold on a first-come, first-served basis until the race is full. Simply complete the online entry form, and bingo - you have a place*!
However, the nature of the challenge is arduous and the entire route is exposed to potentially serious weather and includes rocky and trackless sections. Whilst physically arduous, the Salomon Ben Nevis Ultra™ route does NOT include technical terrain that requires rock climbing experience but easy scrambling will be encountered along some sections of the route.
When you enter the race you must agree to our Declaration.
*With the radically redesigned route still to be confirmed, we will open 2018 entries using a pre-registration list: This will allow you to fill out the entry form just as you would normally, effectively reserving your first-come, first-served space, but you will not be asked (or able) to pay for your entry immediately.
We intend to confirm the precise course details in early spring, at which point we will invite you to pay-up to secure your place (invites will last 7 days). This will give you good time to ensure that the finalised terrain and the route is to your liking.
Please ensure you are familiar with the Terms & Conditions of entry.
Interest in the race is exceptional and we anticipate the event selling out. Please enter early to avoid disappointment.
The £89 entry fee includes
- Participation in the Salomon Ben Nevis Ultra™ - the official ULTRA race of the 2018 Skyrunning World Championships
- Exclusive Skyline Scotland™ branded competitor's Salomon Agile Tee worth £30 (an example of the non-branded 2017 garment - men's / women's)
- Finisher's medal presented to all competitors completing the race (within the course closure time)
- Live GPS tracking of your progress around the course
- A fully waymarked and signed race route
- A well planned and professionally organised race by Ourea Events
- SPORTident race timing for course split times and official results
- A well stocked feed station on the course
- High quality and waterproof pre-marked race map
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd trophies for open men and women
- Eligibility for the prize fund
- Emergency medical cover during the race
- Mountain safety team cover during the race
- Marshalling support and high-level manned checkpoints during the race
- Finisher's meal at the Kinlochleven Event Centre
- Race commentary at Kinlochleven Event Centre
- Skyline Scotland™ car sticker
- Entrance to prize ceremony
- … and after party at The Ice Factor (Event Centre)